Saturday 12 December 2009

Headache...

Here I was three days ago, thinking everything was going to be allright, but then, it happened.
I should have known, nothing runs smoothly in my life for such a long period of time.

When reading the process at the Italian consulate's site for the 80th time, I noticed this section, "Documents issued in countries other than the U.S. must comply with the local regulations on the legalization of documents and they must be translated into Italian. Such documents and their translations must be submitted to THE ITALIAN CONSULATE/EMBASSY IN THE COUNTRY WHERE THE DOCUMENTS WERE ISSUED PRIOR TO BEING BROUGHT TO THIS CONSULATE." 

The problem- I phoned the Italian consulate in Buenos Aires, a very polite signora explained that the documents must be presented to them in person by me or an appointed person by me.  This person would then need to provide to them:

*   A letter from me sealed by the Italian consulate in Miami, appointing such person as my representative.
*   This person's DNI, or international document of identity, given in Argentina, this document is an ID.
*   The documents to be sealed by the consulate
*   A letter of residence from me and sealed by the Italian consulate in Miami.
*   My mom's unexpired DNI
*   My mom's letter appointing such person as her representative
*   My mom's letter of residence
*   My GM's DNI 
*   My GM's letter appointing such person as her representative
*   My own unexpired DNI, one problem, my DNI is infact expired.  I renewed this document at the Argentinian consulate in Miami 2 months ago, but all I received was a receipt that shows that I renewed it.  The actual DNI takes anywhere from 8 to 18 months to arrive.


Possible Solutions-  

*  Send all requested documents along with my expired DNI and receipt, given by the Argentinian consulate, which shows the new DNI being processed. 
or...
*  Try to obtain such DNI in Argentina. On the day of my renewal appointment in Miami, the consulate, gathered my fingerprints, along with signature, and photos. I, once again, required the help from my BF the www.  I searched online for the Registro Civil, where these DNI are given, and obtained their phone number as well as their address. All I want to know is if my appointed representative can gather such document directly from th Registro Civil in Argentina. I will be calling first thing on Monday morning.
or...  
*  Call back Abtran, and add my mom to my appointment date, at the Italian consulate in Miami, so that if I don't get my BC sealed by the Italian consulate in Argentina, at least she can do her application and I'll apply apply directly through her once I received such document.
or...
*  Just do all three.  My head is spinning rapidly!

All I can do today is wait, wait for a brighter new tomorrow, that will hopefully come.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger