Wednesday 9 December 2009

More documentation

While I sent in the requests to both Comunes for my bisnonnos' BC, I went ahead and ordered my GM, M, and my BC, along with my father's BC, my bisnonnos' death and marriage certificates.
These certificates were produced in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and the consulate requires them to be Apostilled and Translated to Italian in the country in which these were produced.

So, I turned to my aunt who lives there, and told me of this online company that will do this service even for people who are abroad.
I turned to them, I placed the order, paid in two different payments..it wasn't cheap...and received an email yesterday with confirmation that these documents are on there way.
Their service is phenomenal! I paid by online WesternUnion, they helped me through out the entire process and kept in touch at all times by email. If you may need them they are called Partidasya.com.

The consulate of Chicago as well as Miami, require a certificate from all the countries where my bisnonno lived, which says that he never renounced his Italian citizenship, meaning, he never became naturalized anywhere else.

At this point I had no idea which form that was or where to obtain it from, so, I called the Italian consulate in Buenos Aires and they told me exactly what this meant and that, that letter is requested from the PJN.gov.ar.
So I called them up and this very nice lady told me about the process and how it must be made in person since there was a $10 fee which must be in pesos.

I explain to her that I could not do it in person, but if I were able to obtain $10 pesos if there was any way possible for me to put it in an envelope and mail it to her along with the other required documentation.
She said that I needed to put the $10 pesos inside the envelope along with 2 carbon papers and the documentation.  And so I did! I sent the package certified and tracked it down until it had left the country.
A week later I phoned her and she had received my package along with the money and gave me a case number for my references.  She also mentioned that I was missing a couple of papers, but once that was received she would be able to mail me the letter.

So, at this point I am waiting to get my bisnonnos' death certificate as well as his BC from Partidasya, so that I can make certified copies and mail them to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger