Thursday 24 February 2011

It's a new day..

On February 22, 2011, I received my Italian certificate recognizing me as an Italian citizen!!

The overall process did not take a long time.  Taking into consideration the delays in Argentina and the fact that it took the Italian consulate in Miami to hear back from the Italian consulate in Buenos Aires 4 months.
Apparently that consulate in Miami needed to information from the consulate in Argentina.  Virginia said it was consulate-to-consulate information-.  
Finally on November the 20h, she wrote me back letting me know she had received response from them.

Again..overall..not bad..not bad at all!

To everyone out there don't lose hope..good things come to those who wait.

Arrivederci e buona notte

5 comments:

  1. Hi There,

    I'm currently beginning the process to gain Italian citizenship (via my great-grandparents) and am completely lost. You seem the expert at it. Is there a way you could contact me directly to answer a few (or a thousand...haha) questions? I can be reached at hathi@roadrunner.com. Mille grazie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you--you overcame many obstacles but were ultimately successful.

    I, too, am on the same quest and also face a few hurdles. I sent you a private message at http://italiancitizenship.freeforums.org and I hope to hear from you.

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! My apologies for the delayed response. I just sent you a pm on the board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I have no idea if you still check your blog comments as it does not look like you post regularly on here anymore, however, in the hope that you might get this, I had one question for you!

    I have an appointment for Dual Italian citizenship in a few months from now and it is through my father's grandfather. I am scheduled to go to the appointment with my aunt(his sister) but I wonder, does my father automatically get it if I receive it, (he is still alive) without him being physically present at this appointment?


    THank you for your help! Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanine,

      He is Italian by birth, however, as he won't be applying for his recognition he will not get a birth certificate confirming his Italian citizenship.

      In other words no. He will have to apply for it.

      Delete

Powered By Blogger